Wynyard Quarter is turning 8!
Due to wet weather we have a reduced schedule running tomorrow. Activities in Silo Park have been cancelled, along with the Silo cinema movie, but many performances, games and workshops are going ahead. Check these out below!
Don your party hats and put on your dancing shoes, Wynyard Quarter is turning 8! Join us on Saturday, 10 August between 7.30am to 1:30pm on the waterfront for games and more. Check out our schedule of events below!
Karanga Plaza – 7.30am
Morning karakia to acknowledge those before us, with us & ahead of in celebration of 8 years of Wynyard Quarter.
North Wharf – 7.45am
Join us for tea & coffee at Rushworths café following our morning karakia.
Fitness on the Waterfront
Karanga Plaza – 9am – 10am
Join fitness friends in celebration of the Wynyard Quarters 8th Birthday.
CrossFit Propolis will host a FREE CrossFit workout inclusive for all fitness levels on Karanga Plaza overlooking the iconic Sky Tower and beautiful waterfront.
Sustainable Coastlines – 10am – 4pm
Rock on over to The Flagship and see how a sustainable party can look and how easy it is to throw a great shindig without using tons of single use plastic. Make your own bunting and squeeze some lemons at the lemonade stand for your very own thirst quencher.
Te Wero Island/North Wharf – 10:30am – 11:30am
Join AKSamba on a musical journey of Brazillian rhythms and dance your way down North Wharf.
International Day of the Worlds Indigenous People
Te Wero Island 10am – 2pm
Panuku, in collaboration with our rangatahi of He Pia, He Tauira – A Placemaking Programme acknowledge the International Day of Worlds indigenous People and celebrate Cook Island Language week on Te Wero Island with Māori and Cook Islands interactive activities including flax weaving, learning about poi, head ei making and ukulele playing.
Daldy Street Community Garden
Daldy Street – 11am – 1.30pm
You are invited to learn about “For the love of Bees”, their collaborators Awhina Mai and their projects. There will be a karakia, kai and biology-first gardening activations to connect us to simple land-based practices that enable us all to become Climate Change ready and support our pollinators, microbes, plants and people in wellness and vibrancy.
11am Daldy Street Community Gardens welcomes For the love of Bees, collaborators Awhina Mai, Kaumatua and members of the public to the gardens. For the love of Bees and collaborators introduce their projects, gifts, plans, bless the space, introduce the blossoming pou. Daldy Street Community Garden share the history and intentions of the gardens with us.
12pm break for Kai – soup, bread, fruit, tea.
12.30pm Sarah teaches a For the love of Bees activation in some of the garden beds to sow flowers for bees using biology-first methodologies.
1.30pm Karakia to close the space - Kaumatua
Trip to Victoria Park Pasture Painting to feed the recently planted seedlings with worm tea.
Paul Klaass Street Circus Show
Karanga Plaza – 11.45am-13.30pm
Paul Klaass is a multi-award winning comic juggler from New Zealand. His one man circus has hilarious comedy skits, world klaass juggling, and charming audience interactions. This unique and memorable must-see show is fantastic family friendly fun, so come and grab yourself a front row seat!
WIN: happy birthday to... YOU! We're giving away a Wynyard Quarter birthday picnic hamper perfectly paired with our Silo cinema screening - smash hit movie musical The Greatest Showman! To enter, just like our post on Facebook or Instagram and tag the person you'd share this birthday treat with. Competition closes 12pm Friday, 9 August.
Wynyard Quarter turns eight hamper giveaway terms and conditions.
1. The competition commences 4:30pm Monday, 5 August 2019
2. The competition closes 12:00pm Friday, 9 August 2019
3. The competition is hosted on Instagram and Facebook and the competition facilitator “Your Waterfront” reserves the right to change aspects of the prize if needed – the prize will be of the same or greater monetary value.
4. Each entrant or participant releases Facebook and Instagram from this competition. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
5. To enter, a contestant must ‘like’ our post and tag a friend on either our Facebook post concerning the competition, or our Instagram post as specified on both our Facebook and Instagram pages. A entrant may enter as many times as they like, but must tag a new person each time. Your Waterfront reserves the right to alter or edit the Terms and Conditions if required due to unforeseen circumstances at any time.
6. The Prize the winner will receive includes:
A picnic basket including two mugs, cutlery for two, two plates, a bottle opener and salt and pepper shakers
A picnic blanket
One bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water, one bottle Baker & Halls lemon and barley cordial
Two stainless steel straws
$30 worth of Rushworth Café vouchers
1 x $30 La Petite Fourchette voucher
Two reusable keep-cups
7. The winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Facebook at 12:30pm on Friday, 9 August, and if no response is received by 10am on Saturday, 10 August then a new winner will be drawn and notified by 10:30am on Saturday, 10 August.
8. Your Waterfront’s decision is final in relation to the selection of prize winner(s) and any dispute regarding the Rules.
9. No parts of the prize are exchangeable for cash
10. Winner must collect their prize from Karanga Kiosk on Saturday, 10 August using formal identification, and it is recommended that they pick it up by 2pm to be able to use their vouchers to collect their food before the movie begins at 3pm.
11. Your Waterfront accepts no responsibility once the prize is handed over to the winner unless required by law.
12. Your Waterfront will not be liable if the prize does not reach the winner for reasons beyond Your Waterfront’s reasonable control.
13. Your Waterfront reserves the right to alter or edit the Terms and Conditions if required due to unforeseen circumstances at any time.